Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Trails Ahead

A path lay out before me
A path loops back behind
Which trail should I take?
I can't make up my mind.

The path ahead is foggy
The view is not quite clear
It could be good, it could be bad
The unknown gives me fear.

The looping path is sunny...
Easygoing and free of strife.
I would just end up back here though,
Later in my life.

I chose to take the simple path
I looped back round again
I chose the easier way to go,
Thinking I would gain.

I now approach the fork again,
My choice now is quite clear.
I shall tread new ground, and set new paths
I have nothing to fear.

I look down the now clear path
And see the trials ahead
I can face them now, I could have then
The dangers were in my head.

My fears stopped me, they held me back
This thought makes me irate
I set off running forward now,
This is going to be great...

Until next time...

No comments: