Thursday, January 12, 2006

I Have Voted... Will You?

I did my civic duty today and voted. I voted Liberal, I like their social policies, and the race in my riding is too close to justify voting for the NDP.

In my opinion it is the duty of every informed person to vote. Similarly, it is the duty of every non-informed person not to vote. If you don't know the issues or vote randomly, then your vote is cancelling out an informed one, and that is not good.

So on January 23, if you know the issues, head on down to your local polling station and cast your ballot for the candidate you agree with, and you think will do the best job. I already did, though my vote was a bit of a strategic vote. I might see you at the polls, I will be an information officer at one of my riding's polling stations.

So here is my realistic hope for this election: a Liberal minority, NDP being the official opposition (I know it wont happen), and if they cant be official opposition, for them to hold the balance of power.

Until next time...

No comments: