Monday, December 19, 2005

Weekend from Hell Itself

On Friday, things were looking up. I was home from school due to a snow day... It was one week till Christmas, and all was well in the Clark household.

Then... disaster struck. My mother, while exiting her place of work, slipped and fell on some ice that had not been taken care of. She broke her leg in three seperate places. If you were to look at a normal leg bone, it splits into two sections as you go down, leaving a hole in the middle until the bones rejoin eachother. My mother broke both halves, essentially snapping the bone in half. She also broke her ankle.

My mother is currently lying on our couch downstairs, waiting for her Perkocet prescription to come in. Workers compensation could take a month, then there is the matter of her second job, where she is not eligible for workers comp. So there has been talk of a lawsuit.

That itself is pretty bad, but it doesnt stop there.

Yesterday, my grandmother collapsed; doubled over in pain. She is currently resting at my local hospital. The doctors still do not know what is wrong. I hope to God that she is okay, but my relationship with God could use a little work. Maybe it would be better if I had been in a church since mid-September 2001, when I attended my cousin's wedding.

So yes... my weekend has been a hellish one. I can only hope my week will be better.

I can only hope...

Until next time...

1 comment:

Robert Clark said...

Weekend from Hell Itself (Subpost)

Oh Great...

My Grandma might not be home for Christmas, says my mother.

Also my cat, Whiskers, has been peeing everywhere... There is talk of putting him down.

I promise, I will not let a little incontinence end the life of my cat. I will take him to the vet myself if need be. I will pay for the medicine myself if need be.

I will not let my cat die, just because it would be convenient for some.

Until next time...