Sunday, December 04, 2005

To Vote or Not to Vote?

That is the question...

It is my opinion that it is every informed citizens civic duty to vote. Anyone who knows anything substantial about the issues should be voting.

It is also my opinion that every citizen who is not informed, has a civic duty... to not vote. Throwing in an uninformed vote is a waste. It is selfish and counter-productive to the electoral process.

In the boat of the uninformed, I also lump in those citizens who would vote based on a personal grudge against a candidate, those who randomly vote, those who base their vote on who they think looks the best, or whose lifestyles they approve of.

Vote based on the issues, and what you believe in... Vote for who you think will do the best job... Vote for who you think will make a positive difference.

I personally support Liberal policies... but I can't support them right now... it is not good for the country to have millions in taxpayer dollars wasted. That could be given to the poor, for instance... or maybe... Me.

I will be voting NDP, because the Conservatives go against everything that I stand for... The NDP would at least enact some social programs.

So good luck NDP, and good luck Liberals if the NDP cant win.

Until next time...

No comments: