Thursday, December 15, 2005

Slander... It is a Horrible thing

You know what I don't appreciate? Having my good name slandered. Having baseless attacks randomly hurled at me. It is wrong, and it should not be allowed.

Allowing people to go around spreading lies about others, regardless of their age, or anything about the person lying, is wrong. It is wrong regardless of what they are saying, whether it be a joke or not. It must be stopped.

Freedom of expression does not allow for this kind of crap, because it damages my reputation, and has an effeect on my life. Especially when you consider my chosen career path, and the lie told in the case I refer to.

So... lets call him Rick. If you are reading this... Leave me alone. It is slander no matter how you slice it. Also, this is not libel, for two good reasons. One, that what I have said is the truth; and two, I gave you a fake name. Which protects you quite nicely; which is more than you deserve, you jackass.

Still not libel.

Until next time...

No comments: