Saturday, December 17, 2005

University

I head off to whatever university will allow me to attend, this coming September. My top choices are Nipissing, Trent, Trent at UOIT, and the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, in that order.

Nipissing is in North Bay, several hours from my home. I like the look of campus life at Nipissing, and something about North Bay appeals to me. I like to live in smaller towns, they seem more personal, and are generally quieter.

Trent is my second choice. Trent is in Peterborough, and is about an hour from home. The campus life at Trent is excellent, and it is easiest for me to get into, in terms of marks. Peterborough is a reasonable sized town, and I can live up there, and still come home fairly often. The downside is that residence at Trent seems to be prohibitively expensive for me.

Trent also offers courses through UOIT, which is about the same distance away from my home as is my high school. Trent at UOIT does not offer all the courses I want though, but the tradeoff is that I would not have to pay residence fees, as I would be living at home.

Lastly UOIT. It is close to home, it is cheap, and it is fairly small. There are no residence charges, because again, I would live at home, and lastly my parents would put my car on the road (It is broken down as of right now). UOIT does not offer the social sciences I want though, so I will probably will not be attending UOIT.

I want to go to Nipissing, my parents want me to live at home, but they will consider Trent. What is a student to do.

Until next time...

No comments: