Friday, October 28, 2005

Lotto 6/49

The most recent Lotto 6/49 jackpot was expected to be around 40 million dollars. It was the highest lottery jackpot in Canadian history. Somewhere in the area of 100 million dollars Canadian was spent on tickets for this one drawing.

One ticket won.
In a small town in Alberta.
54 million, split between 17 people.
In a small town. Wow. Just wow.

Good for them, though I wish I had won.

Then today I heard the craziest thing I thought I had ever heard.

"You would be miserable, and if you got it, I guarantee you that you would come up to me in 12 months time and say 'if I could give it back I would'"

No.
Just No.

That is crazy. If I were that miserable I would give a large portion to charity. Or maybe give some random people living on the street a grand start up.

Maybe I would just give out a thousand dollars to everyone I see in one day.

But I would not give it back.

Maybe I would buy a plane, then... a small island. Then I could fly the plane to the small island, far away from the crazy person that said this ludicrous thing to me.

I roll my eyes at the person who said this.

Until next time...

No comments: