Tuesday, October 25, 2005

El Goonish Shive

The primary point behind this post is finally not to vent. Yay. Its usefulness is also entirely dependent on whether I ever get a single reader. I hope I do someday.

Fine. Here we go.

El Goonish Shive is, to my knowledge, the best webcomic I have ever read.
It is written and drawn by a person named Dan Shive.

It starts off a little slow, but within reading 50 strips, you get hooked, and by strip 200 you love it. I reccomend to everyone that you read this work of art in progress. Then register on the forums, which is full of craziness. Then read the filler section and NP section.

It updates three times a week lately, though it used to be 6 and even 7 times, which may return to that soon.

It will completely change your concept of the word weird, though in a completely good PG sort of way. He says it is PG-13, which is probably true, but then these days, with the crap on the news and the crap on TV and the crap in the world, it may as well be G rated for all the harm it will do to kids these days. It is like fine wine, the perceived quality increases with age, as you get all the subtleties.

Once you read it (READ IT) surf on over to some other webcomics on the list. Most notably Inverloch for the older people, and Count Your Sheep for the younger ones.

El Goonish Shive can be reached through my links. Inverloch can be found here and Count Your Sheep here. I read both every time they update, and you should too.

Until next time...

No comments: