Thursday, February 09, 2006

An Unfit Parent

When I wrote this, I was sitting in my co-op class, one day after I saw what could be the most negligent thing that I had ever seen.


Yesterday at a local pet store I saw a man get out of his car and leave his one-year old in the car with a video on. He then proceeded to go into the store for fifteen minutes, leaving his child to ‘fend for himself’.

How negligent is that? Is that not a crime? What if something had happened to that child? He would have been charged with criminal negligence then.

People like that do not deserve kids, especially when there are so many who cannot have children, who would actually take care of their kids. Negligent people like that are dangers to their own children. I should have phoned the police and reported the guy.

To top it all off, when he came back out and my family confronted him; he acted innocently, thinking that he had not done a thing wrong. He thought that he had acted responsibility. He did not think that he had acted negligently.

This person simply sickens me… I hope that he gets what is coming to him.

Until next time…

No comments: