Wednesday, February 09, 2011

A Promise.

So I still feel like writing. The time is 8:30, and I still feel like writing. I don't know about what, and my eyes aren't even open. Isn't learning to type properly just completely awesome?

I've had a long day. I was supposed to be off in a half hour, which would coincide nicely with the death of my cell phone's battery, but that seems destined not to be. Oh! Interesting fact. I have a smartphone now. I've been trying to figure out how to blog on it nicely, but Blogspot seems to not work very nicely with my Motorola Milestone. Maybe with 2.2 it will do a bit better.

So what to talk about. Kaerwyn is below you. Home Depot is on this end of the screen, your room is on your end of the screen. Above you will be some post about my thoughts at the moment, much similar to what this is. To your right, there are some links to other places on the internet. To your left though. Oooh that's an interesting place. There's some blue there. Look! To the left of these words! Blue!

I'm in the Tool Rental Centre.

Six months ago, I applied for the head cashier position that was available. After some wait, the position went to a coworker of mine, and I was not even granted an interview. I was deemed unsuitable for the job. It was one of the most demoralizing experiences I had ever experienced in a job. It affected my work performance for three months or so, and even still, I don't have the same rosy view of The Home Depot that I used to. Now though, I have seen an opening I am fully trained for, have experience in, and am the fallback guy for when they need help. I am talking about the Tool Rental Centre. There is an opening, and I have come to a decision.

If I am not granted an interview, I will quit my job.

There. It is in print. If I am not granted an interview for the tool rental associate position that I applied for, I will find a new job and quit this one.

That being said, I talked to the manager of the department already, and he has actually promised me that I will receive an interview for the position. I am cautiously optimistic that I will not have to follow through on my promise.

I will not quit, if I don't get the position. There is a bit of a shakeup going on here at the Depot regarding one of our stocking teams, and they are being given special priority for transfers. Also, we are having a job fair, and we may pull in a millwright or something when the Depot casts out its nets.

So yeah. I will understand, though be disappointed, if I don't get the position. They better grant me the courtesy of granting me an interview for a position I held for a few months though. That, or they can find a new person for my current position anyways.

That's all there is to say then. For now at least.

No comments: