Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Biology Lecture

Hello, I am now reporting from my biology lecture at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, located... in a giant tent.

They call it the university pavillion or UP1500 as it seems to be better known. Before class, I thought it was a portable-like structure just north of the library. I was annoyed enough about having to attend class in a portable, but this is simply ridiculous.

The tent I am currently sitting in looks from the outside like a giant igloo. From the inside, it is a concrete floor, with a small stage at the front for the professor. Above is a mess of metal beams, lights and an air conditioning system.

I would like to point out that this is completely unfair, as we are all paying a ridiculous amount of money. The university should build additional lecture halls, rather than spending our money laying down additional sod. There is an excellent spot just north of the UB building, where a permanent lecture building could be built, and this is just one solution.

My point is that it is ridiculous to stick students who are paying tens of thousands of dollars to go to school, in a tent outside. It is wrong, and it is robbing us of our right to proper resources, as we have paid for

This has been Robert Clark, reporting live, from UP1500.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAH