Thursday, November 30, 2006

Semester One Recap

Well, as my first semester at UOIT draws to a close, I have learned a few very important lessons.

The first and most important thing that I have learned, is that you have to... HAVE TO take notes, regardless of whether or not the lecture notes are posted online. Writing down the stuff you are learning, allows you to learn it, rather than to be screwed when you are sitting in a midterm and realize that you are doomed.

The second thing is that you need to get sleep. This is also very important, as without sleep you are never going to be able to focus, as well as eating right. If you don't eat right, again you will not be able to concentrate on anything but the pain in your stomach.

Finally, the last lesson is to eat your meals at home if at all possible, meals at the university are really expensive, and add up quick. They drain your cash faster than you may think, and should be avoided if you are able to.

There is so much more that I could go on to say, but I do not see the point of turning this into one of my rants. So I shall close with this, Eat right, get some sleep, turn on some music and STUDY!

Until next time...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me start by saying that part of the university process is to learn, and if you have learned a few of life's lessons now at your young age then it was worth it, but if you just ignore what you have learned then it was all a waste of time and money.

Hopefully what you will do,is to apply what you have learned this semester into your next semester, and become a better student and person.

The first semester of university is always challenging, because you are now accountable for yourself. Professors don't care what you do. It is up to you to make those decisions, and hopefully you will make the right decisions for you.

Go on with your next semester with a new outlook and take your experiences and the advice of others with you and apply this to the new knowledge you will be learning.

It's only semester one and things can be made up. That is why they have summer school for many first year courses.

Robert Clark said...

Good point, and thanks for the words of advice. I shall definitely be learning from this experience. I hope that I will do better in this coming semester and plan to take the notes I should have to begin with.

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I shall do my very best in this semester to come. Summer school will be annoying, but a neccessary evil.

On a side note, come on commenters, create a username, or at least publish your comments with names attached so that I might now who is commenting here.

Thanks Mom.

Until next time...

Anonymous said...

FYI i wouldnt listen to music if i were you, evenif you dont realize it does actually confuse you.

Anonymous said...

Well I suggest that you try and see if other students in your class will be willing to give you a copy of the notes you missed.

Anonymous said...

Apply what I am seeing as a lot of common sense to how you react to your brothers. In other words ignore them and they will go away. Also go appologise to you Mother you were not very nice to her last night.